Boone US Post Office Dedication Ceremony, April 10, 1940

Title

Boone US Post Office Dedication Ceremony, April 10, 1940

Subject

Post Office, Todd's Esso Service, Harrison Chevrolet, Shell Cafe, Depot Street, King Street, Linney House

Description

This print, which is a copy from an unknown original, was donated by Bobby Snead to the Boone Cultural Resources Department about 2011. The image, taken from the roof of the Shell Cafe on the southeast corner of the intersection of Depot and King Streets, shows a large crowd gathered to hear an unknown speaker, located just left of the telephone pole at center. In the distance is the brand new Boone US Post Office, with the Linney House sitting high above that on the hill. To the right of the post office are Todd's Esso Service on the northwest corner of the intersection, with Harrison Chevrolet located just north of that on the west side of North Depot Street.

Creator

Unknown

Date

April 10, 1940

Contributor

Town of Boone

Format

Black and White Photograph

Language

English

Type

Still Image

Identifier

Jon-Hou-01-003

Spatial Coverage

Boone, NC

Scanning Technician

Eric Plaag

DPI

600

Bit Depth

24-Bit

Collection Name

Jones House Collection

Scanning Software

Epson Scan

Files

Jon-Hou-01-003.jpg

Citation

Unknown, “Boone US Post Office Dedication Ceremony, April 10, 1940,” Digital Watauga, accessed January 24, 2020, http://digitalwatauga.org/items/show/7974.

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>